The Role of NAS
Generation of new income by applying rural resources and maintaining a healthy agricultural ecosystem
- Discovery and exploration of the value of agricultural resources and development of techniques to utilize these resources
- Environment-friendly management of soil resources and development of integrated agricultural environment techniques
- Establishment of scientific organic farming techniques
Development of national policy for the future with international regulation considerations in areas such as climate change, water deficiency, and bio-energy
- Management techniques for national resources such as developing rural resources and managing the environment for sustainable agriculture development
Development of agricultural biological resources to create new growth engines for agriculture
- Resource management of insects, sericulture, and beekeeping, and development of high value-added biological materials for market expansion
Development of agricultural microbial resource management and commercialization technology
- Increased farm income through the industrialization of useful agricultural biological resources
Development of crop protection and production techniques for safe agricultural products
- Prompt diagnosis of hazardous substances in agricultural products
Establishment of management standards for hazardous substances consistent with global standards, and preparation of reduction methods in accordance with the harmonized global standard to secure agricultural product safety
Automation of farm production and development of post-harvest technologies
- Development of automation (robotics) to reduce production and labor costs
Development of energy-saving technologies and techniques to prevent disasters from affecting the stable production of crops and animal products.
Securing fundamental techniques and practical use in agricultural biotechnology
- Development of new crops through diversity conservation of genetic resources and massive inherent genes
Proper management of GM crops and safety system construction - Securing global competition in agricultural biotechnology and creation of new growth power in the future
Development of commercialization techniques for globalization of agricultural and Korean foods
- Development of value-added techniques for enhancement of agricultural and Korean foods, specifically traditional fermented foods.
Establishment of a stable consumption basis for agricultural food & development of techniques for promotion of Korean food culture. - Commercialization of Korean and processed foods, with the Northeast Asia Agricultural Food R&D Hub organization expanding through development of material science techniques for agricultural food resources.
Management and use of national agricultural genetic resources
- Securing the diversity and safe preservation of agricultural genetic resources.
Improvement of resource utilization through evaluation of resource characteristics - Establishment of a national total management system for agricultural genetic resources