The role of NAS
Generation of new income by applying rural resources and maintaining a healthy agricultural ecosystem
- Discovery and exploration of the values of agricultural resources and development of the techniques of utilizing these resources
- Environment-friendly management of soil resources and development of integrated techniques for agricultural environment
Development of the national policy for the future with international regulation considerations such as in climate change, water deficiency, bio-energy, and others.
- Management techniques of the national resources such as developing rural resources, and managing environment for sustainable agriculture development
Crop protection and technical development on practical use of biological resources
- Strengthening of research on useful insects and applying research for developing new industrial value
Searching and establishing local biological resources as complementary measure for international species
- Increase in farm income through industrialization of useful agricultural biotic resources
Development of production techniques for safe agricultural products
- Prompt diagnosis of hazadous substances in agricultural products and establishment of scientific organic farming techniques
Setting up of management standard for hazardous substances consistent with global standard and preparation of its reduction method
- In accordance with the harmonized global standard to secure safety of agricultural products
Automation(robotics) of farm production and development of post-harvest technologies
- Development of automation(robotics) to reduce production and labor costs
Development of energy-saving technologies and techniques to prevent disasters affecting stable production of crop and animal products
- Increasing agro-industry productivity, stability and competitiveness through product diversification and value- adding
Securing fundamental techniques and practical use in agricultural biotechnology
- Development of new crops through diversity conservation of genetic resources and massive inherent genes
Proper management of GM crops and construction of safety system
- Securing global competition in agricultural biotechnology and creation of new growth power in the future
Development of commercialization techniques for globalization of agricultural and korean foods
- Development of value-adding techniques for enhancement of agricultural and Korean foods, specifically traditional fermented foods.
Establishment of stable consumption basis of agricultural food & development of techniques for promotion of Korean-type food culture.
- Commercialization of Korean and processed foods, as Northeast Asia Agricultural Food R &D Hub organization takes-off through development of material science techniques for agricultural food resources.
Management and use of national agricultural genetic resources
- Securing the diversity and safety preservation of agricultural genetic resources.
Improvement of the resource utilization through characteristics evaluation of resources.
- Establishment of national total management system for agricultural genetic resources